Mobiliz, which is the pioneer in tracking
systems industry, took the third place in "Informatics Mobile Application
Revenues" category of "Turkey Top 500 IT Companies" survey
again. Mobiliz, which took the tenth place in the Informatics 500 Mobile
Application Revenues category in the survey results of 2014, has been
continuing its success in this category as being the third since 2015 and 2016.
Vehicle Tracking Systems have perhaps the characteristic of being one of the most complex in M2M applications. In M2M applications, endpoints generally transmit information at cable fixed or wireless fixed locations and typically transmit information in order as a result of the interrogation by the centre. In vehicle tracking systems, the difficulty of real-time processing of hundreds of thousands of messages arriving randomly from vehicles under varying signal conditions of the mobile environment and in the event that a message is missed, the occurrence of errors in reports related to that vehicle create a serious "know-how" need.
Almost every day, new players penetrate into the market, many of them start with simple software and a black box without having adequate savings and a technological infrastructure and by providing their customers with very low margins, they may make the customers suffer by not providing technological investment and after-sales support infrastructures of the growing system. Technological and after-sales support infrastructures should be well examined in the process of making investment decisions.
Do not idle for more than 10 seconds.
Plan your trip (make routes and time selection, if you do not plan your trip, the number of
Do not wait to heat the engine. You only need to use your vehicle at low speed for the first 5
The most fuel consumption occurs during acceleration. Avoid sudden acceleration.
Going at constant speed improves performance, drive at constant speed.
Decrease your maximum speed limit by 10 percent. The maximum speed limit must be
determined in accordance with the operation in fleets. This should not be up to the drivers and
must be kept under control by the vehicle tracking system.
Avoid unnecessary load.
Do not let the car idle when going downhill, it is enough not to step on the gas.
Close your windows.
Follow the traffic flow.
Combine your trips.
Check your tire pressure.
Use quality fuel and oil.
Usage-Based Insurance (UBI) defines new revolutionary horizons for insurance companies. It is a new model based on the win-win relationship between the insurance companies and the customers.
What is Usage-Based Insurance (UBI)? How Does It Work?
• Insurance companies can manage their risks in a better way and direct customers to safer driving through Usage-Based Insurance (UBI).
• Customers driving safely pay lower insurance premium.
• The customer can easily install a mobile data unit in the OBDII port of his/her vehicle, the unit reports how long and at which time intervals the driver is driving and provides transition from pay-as-you-drive (PAYD) to pay-how-you-drive (PHYD).
• Sudden maneuvering and other sudden movements can be detected thanks to the patented, precision three-dimensional motion sensor, with over speed, standing on the brakes or sudden oversteer.
• Information regarding what time of day, how long and how the vehicle is used is collected in the central software on GSM and risk analysis and scoring are carried out together with other information.
• The application is customized according to the country and insurance companies.
What is the Benefit for the Insurance Companies?
• In the current situation, the driver risk assessment is not based on actual field data and this situation causes the generation of insurance premiums with information that is not based on actual data. Risk management remains weak because it is not actual information, and damage rates are challenging profitability.
• Through Usage-Based Insurance (UBI), valuable information in terms of risk analysis such as how long and how, where and at which time intervals does the driver drive the vehicle. This information provides the insurance company with the opportunity to accurately identify driving risks and risk groups and to predict damage risk ratios.
• Leading insurance companies have inestimable customer profile knowledge that their competitors do not have.
• Accident management can perform instant accident alarm and accident animation.
When the Use Based Insurance (UBI) is started to be applied;
• Fair and accurate price determination is carried out,
• Live feedback is provided in order to improve driver performance and risk is reduced through intervention,
• It rescues the insurance company from wrongful and improper drivers,
• The proposition value is increased by offering value added service proposals within the scope of security and comfort,
• The market share can be increased by offering more accurate proposals due to low risk.
In conclusion, overall improvement in profitability is provided for insurance companies and lower insurance costs and increased road safety are provided for drivers.
Usage-Based Insurance (UBI) Applications around the World
• The number of vehicles in the world is more than 2 billion, less than 5% of the vehicles have fleet management and tracking units and very few are within the scope of UBI.
• In Europe, 2.5 million vehicles are being tracked. Approximately 500,000 of these vehicles are within the scope of UBI.
• According to Frost & Sullivan’s estimation, the market will grow by 40 times and there will be telematic units in 20 million vehicles within the scope of UBI by 2018.
Mobiliz has conveyed information on the benefits to be gained by the businesses with the integrated solutions of the vehicle tracking system that it had developed as Logo Solution Partner in Logosphere 2017. During the day-long event, Mobiliz conveyed to visitors how the vehicle tracking system could be integrated into corporate source software of the businesses and how to manage costs more effectively through a single system infrastructure, and it mapped out a route on how to get ahead of the competition.